instagram.com/naturalpawpals

Thursday, January 3, 2008

My sweet Sunset has passed on... :...(

Thank you for all well wishes frm those whom noes my Sunset both personally, or frm pix. Sunset became terribly sick yesterday. Mom noticed it looked weak... Dad took it out & it couldn't perch (stand) normally. So they brought it down to a vet whom is relatively known for treatin avians.

Mom: We thought it was the aromatherapy Essential Oils (EOs) that made Sunset like dat as we started on it only the night b4 (on 1st Jan). It is a 100% pure essential oils which r beneficial for both humans & animals. Sunset was even still eatin & drinkin & chirpin normally still. Her symptoms only showed the next mornin.

Howeva, the vet mentioned that it is too skinny, & that birds r known to hide their illnesses VERY well. I asked if it could be due to the EOs as we started on it only the night b4 & it became like dat in the mornin. He say no...these things do not happen overnight. It could hav been an on-goin thing... prolly weeks. & no symptoms wil be seen since Sunset has always been eatin n drinkin well... active.. etc.

So, all the vet had for us... were only possibilities. He looked @ its poo, said it looks like digested blood, could be an internal bleedin thing. Or, it could've injested some heavy metal toxic substances... as birds love to nibble on stuffs...

As Sunset has been on hm-prepared organic raw veg, fruits, for a while rdy... he mentioned dat it shld be better for the bird howeva, since it is so skinny, its body is most prolly nt able to absorb the stuffs it eats. So its not a matter of type nor amount of diet here.

Chances of recoverin is very slim as we not only hav to battle against the illness, but also time to build up her body to be strong enuf. No jabs given as he mentioned it might be too weak to handle it. So we only handfed wit handfeedin formula + Glucose +
Even the vet mentioned Sunset is such a sweet & friendly bird as it was still eager to play & please even when it's sooo weak to even perch... so sad.....

Sunset had no appetite initially, howeva, appetite began to get better after dat... could even eat some millets on its own & drink some water. Only that its still very very very weak... legs too weak to perch.....

Sunset passed on @ 1700 today. It struggled quite abit... had difficulty breathin... sigh.

sunset's fav natural foods... the blueberries will be attacked 1st, followed by baby carrots...


I meant to update on Sunset's diet much earlier..... but juz put it off since now... so i guess i'll juz add it on here...

Sunset still eatin well back then... few days bac like dis pix...


sunset in hospital cage... lightbulb n towel to keep warm...


Me guardin her thru her tough period...


Mom: Velvet seldom left this area much...

... even rested there...


Velvet over-lookin her life-less body...







(Mom: We buried Sunset @ a small open field where I can view clearly from my room. Velvet went thru the 'burial' process wit us... She saw Sunset thru til the end.... even when Sunset was strugglin durin her last moments...

Velvet is still walkin arnd findin Sunset... not to mention whenever we mention the name, "Sunset". Cotton is doesn't seem so affected tho', as she's not that close to Sunset.

My poor Sunset........ my friendly lovie.... I bring her down almost everytime I go down to get the bitches' & Sunset's organic veg...every1 in the shop noes her..... passer-bys ask me bout it weneva dey see it on my shoulder.... 1st & only question: 'WON'Y FLY AWAY AH???' hehehe.

I never got to see Sunset's 1st moult....... nv got the chance to guess its gender (as its stil young)... juz so early to leave for rainbow bridgie........

Sigh....... )

This is MY fav. pix of MY Sunset & ME together.... happy happy pix. My Sunset... I will miss disturbin you, you nibblin my beard, mom makin my paw stroke ur body, bowin to u every mornin & nite...my Sunset........
Sunset, Sept '07 - 3rd Jan '08 (1700)

5 comments:

YuFFie said...

We all feel your pain. *hugz* My condolences.

Asta said...

Velvet
My condolences to you and youw family..Sunset had much too showt a time with you , but gave you so much joy, she'll be wemembewed with love aways..I'm so vewy sowwy fow youw loss
smoochie kisses
Asta

Zen said...

I wil miss you so dearly, Sunset =( RIP, my beautiful girl.

Anonymous said...

So sad. Remind me of my late Red rump parakeet. Please take care.

FE ma

Anonymous said...

My condolences. I can understand the pain of losing someone dear as my own "Boy Boy" passed away on 10 Jan 08 at tender age of 8 mths.

I been reading your blog ever since I got my "Boy Boy" 5 mths ago, thinking that one day, he will be as fine as you.

Like you, he is a MS and will be 9 mths old on the 19th, sadly, he will never get to spend our first CNY together.

However, i believe both your Sunset and my Boy Boy have gone to better place. Be strong Velvet! Gambette!